Cappers residents attending many different schools.

Collection Items

Giddings Elementary School (Results Gym)
Originally built in 1887, the Giddings School was enlarged by a major addition in 1934. The addition included 12 classrooms and an auditorium and was built in the Colonial Revival style.

The J.R. Giddings school is considered a historically…

Randall Jr High School
Randall Junior High School is an historic building at 65 I Street, Southwest, Washington, D.C.The 80,000 s.f. middle school closed in 1978.

It served as a homeless shelter until 2004, and as artist's studios, the Millenium Arts Center.

In 2006,…

Van Ness  Elementary School
Currently utilized has office space by the DC Public School System, Van Ness Elementary is currently being considered to reopen as an elementary school in the coming years. Van Ness was of the many elementary schools that was in the Arthur Capper…

Lenox Elementary School
LENOX Elementary School is located at 725 5th St SE ∙ Washington, DC. Students attended this school from Ellen Wilson and Arthur Capper neighborhoods,
before it was renovated into Lenox School Lofts.

Brent Elementary, located near the Capitol on 3rd and North Carolina, SE. This location has been in constant use for education since 1809, when a portion of the lot was purchased for the Washington Academy for a whopping $100, a price that today…

From the Western High School Alumni Association: Western High School was established in 1890. First classes were held in Curtis School at Potomac and O Streets in Georgetown, with two teachers and 50 students. In October 1897, the school moved to…

Founded in 1890, Eastern Senior High School was another high school Arthur Capper residents' children attended. From the Eastern Senior High School website: Eastern provides engaging, college preparatory coursework and extra-curricular learning…

Phelps High School
According to "What's in a Name" by the Women of the Dove Foundation with support from the DC Humanities Council: The Phelps Vocational School, 704 26th Street NE, was built in 1934 by the Catalan Construction Company. It is a Colonial…
View all 9 items